2005 Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue
This guitar was purchased new in 2005, it has never been played other than to tune & check over, it has been stored in a smoke free climate controlled environment from day one, it is in perfect shape.
The Gibson Custom Shop 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Electric Guitar will revise your idea of how an electric guitar should feel and sound. Ted McCarty’s Tune-O-Matic bridge with the designateion ABR-1 was added to the Les Paul in 1956. That, together with individual saddles and thumbwheels to adjust the bridge height, represented a quantum leap forward in intonation, tone, and sustain. This beautifully crafted reissue is a letter-perfect re-creation of that landmark model.
Gibson’s Custom Shop produces some of the finest electric guitars on earth. Using the best materials money can buy, a staff of skilled luthiers reproduce some of the greatest Gibsons of the past and create stunning new instruments for players and collectors who demand the best.
- Carved maple top
- Mahogany back
- Single-ply cream binding on top
- Thin toggleswitch washer and jack plate
- Antique Gold finish
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge; lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- One-piece mahogany neck with long tenon
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Early-’50s rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4″ scale length
- 1-11/16 nut width
- Holly headstock veneer
- Vintage tulip tuners
- P-90 single-coil pickups
- CTS pots and bumblebee capacitors
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
- Vintage Reissue strings
- Includes Custom Shop case and certificate of authenticity